This page is for travellers who wish to enter Singapore under the Student's Pass Holder Lane (STPHL), subject to prevailing Stay-Home Notice (SHN) and testing requirements. Those who wish to enter under the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) must apply for a Vaccinated Travel Pass (VTP) instead. Click for FAQs and more information on the VTL (Air) or VTL (Land).
Travellers are reminded that they will be responsible for all costs associated with COVID-19 treatment and recovery, including any necessary extensions to their stay at their accommodation, if they test positive for COVID-19. Travellers should ensure that they have sufficient funds or insurance coverage for these costs. Please click here for more information.
The Student’s Pass Holder Lane (STPHL) is a Safe Travel lane that facilitates the entry of Student’s Pass (STP) holders and their eligible family members into Singapore. STP holders who are related to a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident (SC/PR), e.g. immediate family member, relative or fiancé/fiancée, should apply for entry via the Familial Ties Lane. Foreign students holding a Dependent’s Pass and family members holding MOM-issued passes should apply for entry via the Work Pass Holder General Lane.
The table below provides a quick overview of the key STPHL features, requirements as well as application and entry instructions. Travellers who are not eligible for entry via the STPHL may return to this menu to explore other Safe Travel options.
- Student’s Pass (STP) holder
- STP In-Principle Approval (STP-IPA) holder
- ICA-issued pass holder (e.g. Long-Term Visit Pass) or short-term visitor who is an accompanying parent/guardian of an STP/STP-IPA holder aged 19 years and below (in this calendar year ). [Note: A maximum of one parent/guardian is allowed per family unit.]
- Accompanying siblings (of STP/STP-IPA holders) who are aged 6 years and below (in this calendar year) and are not enrolled with any local educational institution
- Spouse of STP/STP-IPA holder on post-graduate programme
- Child(ren) of STP/STP-IPA holder on post-graduate programme
All Long-Term Pass Holders will be required to be fully vaccinated as an entry requirement
(i.e. 14-day travel history before arrival in Singapore)
All countries/regions allowed.
2 to 9 weeks before the planned date of entry
⚠ Travellers who are unable to select a date of entry should defer their travels or attempt another application at a later date when more entry dates are available.
||7-day travel period (Monday- Sunday) as indicated in the application
|How and Where To Apply
||NOTE: Travellers cannot use an entry approval ("SafeTravel Pass") under the STPHL to travel under the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL). If travellers are interested in utilising the VTL to enjoy quarantine-free travel, they must apply for entry under VTL (Air) or VTL (Land) instead. Otherwise, check the table below to apply.
||How and Where to Apply
- STP holder
- STP-IPA holder
- ICA-issued pass holder (e.g. Long-Term Visit Pass) or short-term visitor who is an accompanying parent/guardian of an STP/STP-IPA holder aged 19 years and below (in this calendar year )
For the application guide, Click here
To apply, Click here
|Accompanying siblings (of STP/STP-IPA holders) who are aged 6 years and below (in this calendar year) and are not enrolled with any local educational institution
||Applicants should submit an entry request here. In the request, please state the following:
- STP/STP-IPA holder’s name (per passport), institution and course
- Name(s) of traveller(s) seeking entry, and their relationship with the STP/STP-IPA holder
Submission of the request does not guarantee entry approval.
|Spouse of STP/STP-IPA holder on a post-graduate programme
|Child(ren) of STP/STP-IPA holder on a post-graduate programme
|Travel Health Control Measures
(e.g. Stay Home Notice duration, tests needed)
|Travel health control measures are applied based on the traveller's 14-day travel history before arriving in Singapore.
CLICK HERE for the travel health control measures (e.g. Stay Home Notice, swab tests) categories and their applicable country/region.
⚠ Travellers with Category (II) or (III) travel history must source for their own accommodation to complete their Stay Home Notice (SHN). Those who plan to serve their SHN at a hotel should only make a booking after confirming with the hotel that it can accommodate SHN-serving guests. During booking, they should indicate that they are serving SHN.
||These checklists will guide travellers through the pre-departure to post-arrival administrative and health-related processes required by Singapore:
- Category (I) travel history
- Category (II) travel history
- Category (III) travel history
- Category (IV) travel history
Travellers should refer to the checklist after determining which travel health control measures they are subject to.
|Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for the FAQ related to STPHL, or click the links below for specific queries on the following topics:
Click here for information on Visas and Visit Pass validity, here for information on Student’s Passes, or here for information on short-term passes. To check the status of your application, click here.
||Have a question that is not addressed by any of the available resources found in this webpage? Contact us here.