The Singapore Citizen (SC) / Permanent Resident (PR) Familial Ties Lane (FTL) is a Safe Travel Lane that facilitates entry of immediate family members of SC/PRs, and PR in-principle approval holders into Singapore. SC/PRs may return to Singapore without the need for any Entry Approvals and may refer to this page for more information instead.
The table below is a quick overview of the key FTL features and requirements. Travellers and applicants who have been approved to travel to Singapore via the FTL should refer to this page for the full entry process. Travellers who are not eligible for entry via the FTL may return to this menu to explore other Safe Travel options.
- PR In-Principle Approval (IPA) holder
- ICA-issued Long-Term Visit Pass IPA holder
- Immediate family member, relative, fiancé/fiancée of an SC/PR, including:
- Holders of a valid Work Pass, Student’s Pass (STP), STP-IPA; and
- Former STP holders returning to Singapore to fulfil their scholarship obligations
- Adopted child of an SC/PR, holding an IPA-Dependent Pass issued by the Ministry of Social and Family Development
|Purpose of Travel
- Reunite with SC/PR family in Singapore
- Complete long-term immigration facilities
(i.e. 21-day travel history before arrival in Singapore)
Applications are allowed for travellers who have travel history to all countries/regions, except those who have travel or transit history to the following countries in the past 21 days before arriving in Singapore:
- Sri Lanka
|Indicative Travel Health Controls and Costs
Click here to review the latest travel health measures imposed on all travellers based on their travel history. For more information on the specific measures including their costs, click on the links below:
- COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction Tests ("PCR Test")
- Stay-Home Notice (SHN), which may be served in an SHN-Dedicated Facility (SDF)
All health measures imposed will take immediate effect upon the traveller’s arrival in Singapore. There are currently no waivers or special considerations granted for vaccinated or recovered travellers. To view the latest travel-policy announcements, click here.
|Who Can Apply
||SC/PR family member with Singpass to apply on behalf of the traveller
||4 to 30 days from the date of application
||+/- 1 day from the approved date of entry to accommodate flight changes
|Where To Apply
|Pre-Departure & Entry
[For FTL-approved Travellers only]
|Pre-Departure and Entry Process Guide
|Frequently Asked Questions
||Click here for the full list of FAQs, or the links below for specific queries on the following topics:
||To extend your short-term pass, click here.
If your questions are not addressed by the FAQs above, you can contact us.