This guide is meant for travellers who have received entry approvals to Singapore on a short-term basis via the Death & Critical Illness Emergency Visit (DCEV) Lane. Travellers who are unsure if they qualify for emergency entry, may refer here for more information.
1. Pre-Departure Measures
A) Pre-Departure COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction Test (PDT)
A Pre-Departure COVID-19 test is generally required if you are travelling from a higher risk country/region. Click here to check if a PDT is required, and the required lead time for the test (e.g. 48 or 72 hours before departure), which depends on your travel history to various countries/regions.
The PDT requirement does not apply to travellers below the age of three (in this calendar year) and travellers who have stayed in lower-risk countries/regions for 21 consecutive days before departure for Singapore.
The test must be taken at an accredited or authorised testing facility in the country/region of departure, and travellers should ensure that the PDT:
- Is in English (or accompanied with an English translation);
- Contains the traveller's name, and Date of Birth or Passport number (per the passport used to travel to Singapore); and
- Reflects the date and result of the COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction test (“PCR test”).
Travellers with difficulties getting a COVID-19 PCR test before their departure can contact the Safe Travel Office via this Enquiry Form or 6812 5555.
B) Submission of SG Arrival Card with Electronic Health Declaration & Registration for On-Arrival COVID-19 Test
Travellers who are fit for travel must:
- Submit an SG Arrival Card (SGAC) with their pre-trip health and travel history declaration here within 72 hours before arrival
- Register and pre-pay for their on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test, if they are arriving via air (register here), sea or land (register here)
Travellers are also advised to activate TraceTogether and WhatsApp mobile applications in their mobile phones which will be used for SHN compliance checks and contact tracing.
C) Application for Entry Visas
Valid entry-visa holders and visa-exempted travellers are not required to apply for an entry visa to enter Singapore. Travellers who are unsure if they require an entry-visa, or wish to apply for a visa may click here for more information.
D) TraceTogether Registration
Visitors are required to download and pre-register their profile on the TraceTogether app on their mobile devices to aid contact tracing, except for the following groups:
- Children who are aged 7 to 12 years old in the current calendar year, and those unable to use a mobile device due to a certified disability or special need, are eligible to be issued TraceTogether tokens (available on arrival in Singapore)
- Children aged 6 years or younger in the current calendar year are exempted from the TraceTogether requirement.
For the full requirements and conditions governing the use of TraceTogether, please click here .
2. Departure for Singapore
During pre-boarding checks, travellers may be asked to produce a valid approval letter, or proof of exemption from certain boarding requirements (e.g. pre-departure test exemption). If you were required to take a pre-departure test, please present the valid negative result as well.
3. Arrival in Singapore
A) Immigration Clearance
At arrival immigration in Singapore, the visitor must present to the immigration officer:
- a valid entry approval letter (electronic or physical copy)
- a valid visa (for visa-required passport holders)
- a mobile device with the TraceTogether app downloaded and with their profile registered on the app (or a TraceTogether token for those eligible to be issued with a token). Visitors must click on the ‘ACTIVATE APP’ button on their TraceTogether app holding screen immediately after they have cleared arrival immigration in Singapore and follow the instructions to activate the app.
After clearing immigration, depending on the traveller’s 21-day travel history before departing to Singapore, they will receive their Stay-Home Notice (SHN) via the email provided in the SGAC declaration.
Travellers who are not required to serve a SHN will be required to remain in self-isolation until a negative COVID-19 PCR test result is conveyed, which can take up to 48 hours.
B) On-arrival COVID-19 Tests
Travellers must take their on-arrival COVID-19 test(s), and commute directly to their self-isolation accommodation or SDF immediately. Travellers who did not pay for their test(s) before arrival, will pay on the spot.
C) Transport to SHN location
Travellers are prohibited from using public transport (i.e. trains, buses, street-hailed taxis) to commute to their SHN/SDF location. See details on transportation arrangements and costs here.
4. Stay-Home Notice and COVID-19 PCR Tests
Travellers must remain in their SHN/SDF accommodation and will be required to take additional COVID-19 PCR tests during the SHN period to ascertain that they are free of COVID-19.
Travellers who wish to leave their SHN/SDF location for facilitated visits to funerals/wakes or hospitals must have a negative PCR result within the last 72 hours of the visit, or a negative ART result before they can leave their SHN/SDF location. The cost of the ART/PCR tests will be borne by the travellers and paid directly to the test providers. Those who are unable to comply with the pre-visiting testing requirement will not be allowed to leave their SHN/SDF location.
Travellers who test positive for COVID-19 will receive the necessary medical treatment, and the prevailing treatment charges would apply.
5. Visits to Medical Facility/Funerals
For travellers who received approval to leave their SHN location for short visitations (details of visitation conditions will be conveyed to the travellers separately), the following transport arrangements apply:
- Travellers who are serving SHN at SDFs are to make transport arrangements at their own cost from Strides Transportation Pte Ltd. See details on Strides Transportation Pte Ltd here.
- Travellers who are serving SHN at other SHN locations (i.e. self-sourced accommodation, place of residence) may self-drive using their own private vehicles or be driven by the same family member who picked them up from the airport. These travellers may also book private hire vehicles. See details on booking private hire vehicles here.
6. Completion of Visit or SHN
For travellers serving SHN at an SDF, the checkout timing on completion of the SHN would be conveyed to the traveller by the SDF. Travellers serving SHN at their place of residence are considered to have completed their SHN once a negative test result is conveyed.
If the traveller wishes to leave Singapore before the end of the SHN period due to extenuating circumstances, Please write in via our enquiry form under the category “Stay Home Notice Accommodation” and sub-category “Appeal to leave SHN for Exceptional Reasons”. An exit COVID-19 PCR test will be required.