Entry Requirements and Process for Foreign Domestic Workers (FDWs) and Confinement Nannies (CNs)
1. Before submitting an entry application
Employers or employment agencies must ensure that they can fulfil the additional responsibilities before submitting an entry application for an FDW or CN. These include paying for her COVID-19 tests and Stay-Home Notice (SHN) accommodation. Click here for the list of additional responsibilities.
The employer or employment agency must also inform the FDW/CN of the conditions imposed during her SHN and ensure that she can fulfil them.
Note: For FDWs or CNs who have recovered from COVID-19, employment agencies can submit a request for them to stand a higher chance of getting an entry approval. Please wait for an outcome before submitting their entry application.
2. Entry Application
|Application can be made 3 to 60 days before the FDW/CN’s planned arrival date
|Submit an entry application
||Either the employer or employment agent can submit the application.
To proceed, please complete these steps:
- Secure the FDW/CN’s SHN accommodation, unless she is required to serve SHN at a dedicated SHN facility:
- FDWs on in-principle approvals (IPAs) and CNs must serve SHN in hotels.
- Existing FDWs returning from overseas can serve SHN in their employers’ houses or hotels.
- Ensure the FDW/CN has a Singapore mobile number with internet connection.
- Ensure there are available flights/transport and the FDW/CN can travel to Singapore on her planned arrival date.
- Submit the entry application using the SafeTravel Portal.
- For the best user experience, use Google Chrome (version 84 or later) or Microsoft Edge Web Browser to access the portal.
- Additional step for employment agents: To use the portal, please get your Corppass administrator to add the ‘Safe Travel Portal’ eService to your Corppass account and assign you with access rights.
- For more details, please refer to our technical FAQs.
Once the application is approved, you will receive an approval email.
3. After Approval
|Confirm the flight/transport
||Employers/Employment agencies must confirm the flight/transport immediately and arrange for the FDW/CN to enter Singapore.
|Buy medical insurance that covers COVID-19
||Employers/Employment agencies must buy a COVID-19 medical insurance for the FDW/CN before she arrives in Singapore.
The insurance must cover at least $10,000 for medical expenses if she develops COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive within 14 days of arrival in Singapore.
Please check with the insurer whether the FDW/CN’s existing medical insurance plan meets the required coverage. If not, you can consider these insurers.
|Fulfil the entry approval requirements
||Employers/Employment agencies and the FDW/CN must comply with the entry approval requirements listed in the approval email. Otherwise, enforcement actions will be taken.
|Ensure FDW/CN has a valid pass to remain in Singapore
||FDWs on IPAs must complete their SHN before you can get their Work Permits issued. To cater for this, the validity of their Short-Term Visit Pass and IPAs will be automatically extended by 2 weeks. No letters will be issued for this extension.
CNs must complete their SHN before they can start work. For CNs whose visit passes are expiring, please request for an extension at least 2 weeks before the expiry date.
For more information
Please refer to our FAQs here.