Stay-Home Notice Dedicated Facility (SDF) Opt-out
The Multi-Ministry Taskforce regularly reviews our border measures to manage the risk of importation and onward local transmission from travellers. Given the surveillance regime that we have put in place for travellers serving Stay-Home Notice (SHN) at their own residence, we will also adopt a risk-based approach and allow more travellers to serve their 14-day SHN at a suitable place of residence.
- Travellers from selected countries (as indicated in S/N 3 of the table) may apply to opt-out of SHN dedicated facilities, and serve their 14-day Stay-Home Notice (SHN) at their place of residence, if they fulfil the following criteria:
- Travelled to no other country/region/place than the above mentioned countries/regions/places, in the last consecutive 14 days prior to departure for Singapore;
- Are occupying their place of residence (i.e. residential address) alone, or only with household members with the same travel history, who are also serving their SHN of the same duration and period; and
- There is no one ordinarily residing at the place of residence (e.g. domestic helper) who does not share the same travel history, and the traveller has already made all necessary arrangements to ensure that any such person will not reside at the place of residence until the conclusion of the SHN period.
For Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs), the application must be made at least three (3) days prior to arrival via here . Upon successful submission, they will receive an approval letter from the Safe Travel Office via email. The approval letter takes effect two days after the date of the approval, and is valid for only one month thereafter. To illustrate, if the approval letter is dated 2 Nov 20, it is effective only from 4 Nov 20 and valid up to 4 Dec 20. Travellers who are not SCs or PRs may apply to opt out as part of the entry approval process.
Travellers will not be allowed to opt-out of SDF unless they have a valid approval letter upon arrival in Singapore. To illustrate, if a traveller arrives in Singapore prior to the date on which the approval takes effect, the approval to opt-out of SDF will not be considered and he/she will be required to serve SHN at a SDF.
Travellers who do not fulfil the conditions stated in paragraph 2 and/or has already arrived in Singapore should not apply for opt out via the link above. Instead, they may make an application here if they have requests to opt-out of the SDF due to medical reasons, or other extenuating circumstances.
The list of countries/regions eligible for opt-out of dedicated SHN facilities will be updated from time to time depending on the public health risk assessment. Travellers must be prepared that any prior approvals given for opt-out from dedicated SHN facilities may be revoked, and the prevailing border measures upon entry will apply, including stay in SHN dedicated facility and payment, where applicable. All travellers who opt to stay at their place of residence for SHN must remain in their declared place of residence at all times. They will be subject to close monitoring of their whereabouts, through electronic monitoring as well as physical spot-checks. They will also be required to utilise specially designated transport services from the checkpoint to their place of residence and to their respective testing facilities, and bear the costs# for these transport arrangements.
- Strict enforcement action will be taken against those who breach the requirements of the SHN or make false declarations. If they are found to have breached any of the conditions stated above or to be in non-compliance with the terms of the SHN, they may be prosecuted in court for an offence under Singapore law, including the Penal Code and Infectious Diseases Act and/or any regulations promulgated thereunder, such as the Infectious Diseases (COVID-19 – Stay Orders) Regulations 2020. Upon conviction, they may be liable to a fine or to imprisonment or to both. Also, the approval to opt-out of SDF may be revoked, and the approved traveller(s) and their household members may be required to serve out the entire duration of the SHN at an SDF at their own cost.
#Transport Service Provider for Persons Serving 14-Day SHN at Place of Residence
|Service Provider and Contact Number
||Type of trip
||Cost(an additional 10% will be charged for credit card transactions)
|Strides Transportation Pte Ltd
|From checkpoint to residence - Please follow the booking instructions provided at the booking desk at the checkpoint when making transport arrangements.
From residence to testing facility for COVID-19 test (round trip) - Please ensure that your test appointment has been scheduled before making transport arrangements.
|From any other ad-hoc trips approved by the authorities
||Round Trip – S$90.00
Per Way – S$45.00