MOM - WORK PASS HOLDERS WHO HAVE ALREADY OBTAINED APPROVAL TO ENTER TO BE RESCHEDULED
In view of the resurgence of COVID-19 cases in several countries and emergence of new virus variants, the Government is reducing entry approvals for work pass holders1 entering Singapore in the coming weeks.
In this period of heightened alert, we are making changes to the entry of work pass holders who have earlier obtained approvals to arrive from higher risk countries/regions2 from Tuesday 11 May onwards:
- Construction, Marine Shipyard and Process (CMP) work pass holders who have earlier obtained approval will be allowed entry as approved, except for a small group with planned arrivals in June who will be rescheduled to arrive in subsequent weeks.
- Migrant domestic workers who have obtained earlier approval will be allowed entry as approved except for some with planned arrivals prior to 7 June who will be rescheduled to arrive in subsequent weeks.
- Other work pass holders who obtained approval to enter prior to 5 July will not be allowed to enter. We will inform employers on when to re-apply for entry when the situation has stabilised and will prioritise them for entry approval then. In view of the need to reschedule the entry of work pass holders who had already obtained approval to enter, we regret that we will not be accepting new entry applications from higher risk countries/regions with immediate effect, except for workers needed for key strategic projects and infrastructural works who we will continue to allow entry.
Starting today, the Ministry of Manpower will be reaching out to affected work pass holders and their employers of the changes to their entry.
The above changes will not affect work pass holders already given or are seeking entry approval to enter Singapore from lower risk countries/regions3, under the Periodic Commuting Arrangement (PCA) or Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL).
We seek the understanding and cooperation of work pass holders and their employers for these changes. They are necessary to enable workers to enter in a safe and calibrated manner, and mitigate the risk of COVID-19 importation.
- Including dependants of work pass holders.
- As of 7 May 2021, this refers to all countries/regions except Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Mainland China, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao. Please refer to the Safe Travel Office Website for updates to the countries/regions identified.
- As of 7 May 2021, this refers to Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Mainland China, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao. Please refer to the Safe Travel Office Website for updates to the countries/regions identified.