This arrangement caters to travellers returning to Singapore from Malaysia only after making cross-border travel to Malaysia to visit family members for emergency reasons such as death or critical illness.
Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents do not need entry approval and may refer here for the entry requirements, including details of the health control measures for travel history to Malaysia.
Singapore Long Term Pass Holders (e.g. Work Pass, Student’s Pass) will be subject to the requirements below:
||Long Term Pass Holders (e.g. Work Pass, Student’s Pass)
Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents should refer here for the entry requirements.
|Purpose of Travel
||Return to Singapore from Malaysia after visiting family members for emergency reasons such as death or critical illness
|Required Country/Region of Departure
|Indicative Travel Health Controls and Costs
- Take a COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction ("PCR test") at an internationally accredited or recognised lab/clinic/medical facility OR an Antigen Rapid Test (ART) administered by a trained professional, including a medical professional or government-recognised trained professional within 2 days before departure and obtain a copy of the COVID-19 test report that:
- Is in English (or accompanied with an English translation);
- Contains the following:
- COVID-19 test results and date of test;
- Traveller’s name; and
- Date of Birth or Passport number (per the passport used to travel to Singapore).
- Serve a 7-day SHN at any of the following accommodation:
- Self-sourced hotel; or
- Serviced Apartment
- Take a COVID-19 PCR test before the end of the SHN
|Who Can Apply
||Travellers themselves, except Work Pass Holders where employers/employment agencies should submit the entry application on the workers behalf.
|How to Apply
||Please write in via our enquiry form under the category “Appeal for entry into Singapore under Compassionate Reasons”
||Travellers will be informed once entry approval is granted.
|Pre-Departure & Entry
|Pre-departure and Entry Process Guide
||After obtaining entry approval to return to Singapore under the DCEV lane, travellers are to abide by the pre-departure measures and entry process depending on the traveller profile below:
- Work Pass Holders: Click here
- Student’s Pass Holders: Click here
- ICA Long Term Pass Holders: Click here
|Frequently Asked Questions
||Click here for the full list of FAQs, or the links below for specific queries on the following topics: