This arrangement caters to travellers returning to Singapore from Malaysia only after making cross-border travel to Malaysia to visit family members for emergency reasons such as death or critical illness.
Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents do not need entry approval and may refer here for the entry requirements, including details of the health control measures for travel history to Malaysia.
Singapore Long Term Pass Holders (e.g. Work Pass, Student’s Pass) will be subject to the requirements below:
||Long Term Pass Holders (e.g. Work Pass, Student’s Pass)
Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents should refer here for the entry requirements.
|Purpose of Travel
||Return to Singapore from Malaysia after visiting family members for emergency reasons such as death or critical illness
|Required Country/Region of Departure
|Indicative Travel Health Controls and Costs
- Take a COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours before departure at an internationally accredited or recognised lab/clinic/medical facility and obtain a copy of the COVID-19 PCR test report that:
- Is in English (or accompanied with an English translation);
- Contains the following:
- COVID-19 PCR test results and date of test;
- Traveller’s name; and
- Date of Birth or Passport number (per the passport used to travel to Singapore).
Note: Travellers who are unable to meet the above pre-arrival COVID-19 PCR test requirement in time may contact the SafeTravel Enquiries Helpline at 6812 5555 or write in to us here to appeal for an exemption. Please provide your DCEV entry approval into Malaysia as supporting document for our consideration.
- Take a COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival in Singapore
- Serve a 14-day SHN at an SDF, and:
- Take a COVID-19 PCR test at the end of the SHN period; and
- [From 27 Jun 2021, 2359 hours] Travellers serving SHN in dedicated SHN facilities to additionally undergo self-administered Antigen Rapid Test on Days 3, 7 and 11 of their arrival in Singapore.
All health measures imposed will take immediate effect upon the traveller’s arrival in Singapore. There are currently no waivers or special considerations granted for vaccinated or recovered travellers.
For more information on the specific travel health control measures including their costs, click on the links below:
- COVID-19 Tests (e.g. COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction Test, Antigen Rapid Test)
- Stay-Home Notice (SHN), which may be served in an SHN-Dedicated Facility (SDF)
|Who Can Apply
||Travellers themselves, except Work Pass Holders where employers/employment agencies should submit the entry application on the workers behalf.
|How to Apply
||Please write in via our enquiry form under the category “Appeal for entry into Singapore under Compassionate Reasons”
||Travellers will be informed once entry approval is granted.
|Pre-Departure & Entry
|Pre-departure and Entry Process Guide
||After obtaining entry approval to return to Singapore under the DCEV lane, travellers are to abide by the pre-departure measures and entry process depending on the traveller profile below:
- Work Pass Holders: Click here
- Student’s Pass Holders: Click here
- ICA Long Term Pass Holders: Click here
|Frequently Asked Questions
||Click here for the full list of FAQs, or the links below for specific queries on the following topics: