Conditions of Air Travel Pass
- An Air Travel Pass holder must:
- have been in his/her declared point of departure for the last 21 consecutive days before departing for Singapore;
- travel to Singapore on a direct flight without transit;
- undergo a COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test at the airport upon arrival in Singapore, immediately1 take private transportation, taxi, or private hire car from the airport to the declared place of accommodation and remain isolated at the accommodation until the test result is confirmed to be negative;
- disclose, and agree to the medical provider disclosing his/her COVID-19 PCR test result to the relevant Singapore Government authorities for public health purposes;
- download the TraceTogether app on his/her mobile device and:
- keep the TraceTogether app activated while in Singapore;
- retain the TraceTogether app with the data on his/her mobile device for 21 consecutive days after leaving Singapore; and
- upload all data in the TraceTogether app upon request by the Singapore Ministry of Health should he/she test positive for COVID-19 while in Singapore or in the 21 days after leaving Singapore.
- purchase travel insurance, with a minimum coverage of S$30,000 for COVID-19-related medical treatment and hospitalisation costs, prior to travel to Singapore; and
- adhere to the prevailing public health measures while in Singapore.
- The requirement in Condition 1(c) to undergo a COVID-19 PCR test at the airport upon arrival in Singapore does not apply to an Air Travel Pass holder who is below 3 years of age in that calendar year.
- Condition 1(e) does not apply to an Air Travel Pass holder who is 6 years of age or younger in that calendar year. Children who are aged 7 to 12 years in that calendar year, and those unable to use a mobile device due to a certified disability or special need, are eligible to be issued TraceTogether tokens with payment of a monetary deposit (in lieu of the requirement to have a mobile device with the TraceTogether app downloaded) at the airport upon arrival in Singapore. They must carry the TraceTogether token issued to them while in Singapore and return their token at any checkpoint prior to their departure from Singapore.
- Given the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, the relevant authorities in Singapore may, at their own discretion, introduce new measures or requirements to safeguard public health, which may include variation of the conditions or cancellation of the Air Travel Pass at short notice.
- An Air Travel Pass holder’s entry and stay in Singapore are subject to compliance with the prevailing immigration requirements of the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (“ICA”), including compliance with the conditions of the Air Travel Pass. For the purpose of determining whether the conditions of the Air Travel Pass are being complied with, a public officer, including an officer of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (“CAAS”), or an officer acting on behalf of the CAAS, may request to see the Air Travel Pass. Upon receipt of such a request, an Air Travel Pass holder must show his or her Air Travel Pass to the officer. Non-compliance with any of the prevailing immigration requirements or conditions of the Air Travel Pass may result in refusal of entry into Singapore and/or cancellation of the Air Travel Pass. In such an event, the Air Travel Pass holder may be liable for the cost of his/her repatriation, including custody and maintenance pending repatriation. Future Air Travel Pass applications may also be rejected.
1 Travellers are not permitted to enter any retail or food & beverage establishments, or procure any goods and services at the airport, including especially Jewel Changi Airport. The only exception is for the purchase of Singapore dollars or SIM cards, or mobile phone rental, which should be done either in the airport transit area before arrival immigration, in the baggage claim hall, or within the designated arrival passenger zone in the airport landside area.